Planning your trip to Decor + Design, 13 – 16 July at Melbourne Exhibition Centre? Be sure to visit Gus* Modern at Stand F42. No only will you see a stunning, versatile collection of furniture with a focus on sustainability…you’ll also have the chance to meet Australian design icon Jamie Durie (right).
Gus* Modern is exclusively distributed in the Pacific region by M + Co Living, who exhibited at Decor + Design for the first time in 2022 and were a hit with visitors thanks to their stylish and versatile collections. The Gus* Modern collection ties in perfectly with the 2023 event’s focus on sustainability, aligning with features such as the 2023 Green Design Hub.
Star Attractions: Jamie Durie and Stylish Design In the Spotlight at Gus* Modern
International award-winning designer and author Jamie Durie, the new Gus* Modern ambassador, will be at the Gus* Modern stand during Decor + Design on Friday 14th and Saturday 15th July. He will also be joining TV design personality James Treble and sustainability expert Karie Soehardi at the Future Ready Networking Event, Saturday at 2pm. Reserve a place during visitor registration to enjoy an afternoon of drinks, canapés and thought-provoking discussion about the future of design.
Jamie’s collaboration with Gus* Modern reflects the growing strength of the range. It has had an exciting past year, expanding to new stockists across Australia every month.
This partnership will see the release of a new Durie x Gus* modern sustainable collection later this year. This will be featured in Jamie’s newest TV show and in his sustainable luxury retreat hotels ‘Opulus’, being built across Australia.
Where Style Meets Sustainability
The Gus* Modern collection is an eclectic mix of elegant and industrial design styles, with a focus on sustainable production. The design aesthetic is rooted in the simplicity of everyday objects, combining great design and practical purpose in a more environmentally friendly way. We particularly love the Gus* Mix Modular in Vegan AppleSkin Leather, the Nexus Modular Collection and the Arcade Bar Cart pictured in this article, all of which have been popular pieces for the brand.
The Gus* Modern collection also features four leading sustainable technologies;
- PET cushion fill – This synthetic material is created through a process that benefits the environment by diverting plastic bottles away from landfills, waterways and oceans.
- Vegan AppleSkin™ Leather – A modern, eco-friendly leather alternative made from recycled fruit fiber that retains the classic aesthetic of natural leather.
- FSC®-Certified wood – Our forests provide clean water, purify the air, maintain biodiversity, provide habitat for species, and play a central role in reducing the impacts of climate change. When managed responsibly, forests are also a source of renewable and recyclable products such as lumber, furniture, and paper.
- 0% VOC certified wood finish – An all‐natural, environmentally friendly product
Be inspired by Gus* Modern at Stand F42 of Decor + Design, Australia’s premier trade event for the interiors industry, 13 – 16 July at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre. Register now – entry to the exhibition is free but limited to trade visitors.
You can also WIN a Gus* GT ROCKER at Decor + Design!
The team at M + Co Living and Gus* Modern have organised an exciting Instagram giveaway for visitors to Decor + Design.
The Gus* version of the perfect modern rocking chair, the GT Rocker (pictured below and in top image of article) features a powder coated frame with architecturally-styled cushions inspired by airport lounge seating and 70’s car interiors. Constructed with 100% FSC®-Certified hardwood in support of responsible forest management.
This giveaway will be posted on @m.co_living Instagram on Wednesday 12th July 7pm and will run until Sunday 16th July 12pm.
- Follow @m.co_living
- Follow @gusmodern
- Tag a friend in the comments below the post on 12th July. One comment = One entry. Enter as many times as you like!
- BONUS: Share to your story for an additional entry
The @gusmodern GT Rocker will be on display at the Decor + Design show Stand F42.
*T&C – Entries close Sunday 16th July 2023 AEST. Winner will be announced at 1pm Sunday 16th July. Giveaway open to Australian & New Zealand residents – Free Delivery of the GT Rocker will be provided to the giveaway winner. GT Rocker in Lino Birch with black powder coated frame as pictured. This giveaway is in not endorsed by Instagram.